Rendering

Project

Baldwin House Restoration

Details

Braun & Steidl Architects was hired by the Burton D. Morgan Foundation to restore the 1834 Baldwin House and the Hudson Library and Historical Society. Systems were reviewed, codes addressed, and technical aptitude examined relating to materials, restoration, and reconfiguration. The link between buildings was removed and utilities separated. The Foundation moved into the former library to offer the Baldwin House for limited office use and community activities of local nonprofit organizations.