Project

Glendale Civil War Memorial Chapel

Details

The Chapel was dedicated in 1876 to commemorate the loss of local soldiers during the Civil War. Following repairs in 1932, the Chapel fell into serious disrepair and was near collapse. A comprehensive study called for extensive interior and exterior improvements, including stone restoration, wood timber replacement, and slate roof repair, all work allowing the building to preserve its historical significance.