Project

Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition - Richard Howe House

Details

This project was the restoration and adaptive reuse of the 1836 house that served as home to the lead engineer for the Ohio & Erie Canal in Northeastern Ohio and is believed to be the only High Federal Style building remaining in Akron. The exterior and interior restoration were completed to be consistent with construction technology of the period. Character defining features were preserved while modern improvements introduced allow the building to return to productive use.