Built in two phases in the 1920’s, Burroughs Elementary School was given historically significant status by the Columbus Landmarks Foundation. Renovation of the original 58,471 sq. ft. building to accommodate 550 PK-5 students, includes 22 classrooms, gymnasium, and administrative offices. The 13,912 sq. ft. addition includes a media center, computer and music rooms, student dining, stage and kitchen. A Pre-K/Kindergarten outdoor play area is located within the original central courtyard.