The design of the 74,000 sq. ft. courthouse annex required the integration of the architectural style and detail of the original 1900 courthouse in a contemporary interpretation that includes the technology and security considerations of today. A combined secure entrance serves the original courthouse, its 1920 annex and the new annex. The new structure houses the Clerk of Courts, and the Domestic Relations Court. Braun & Steidl served as executive architect for this project in collaboration with GPD Group of Akron, Ohio.